02/07/2009

Feeling hot, hot, hot.

This clement weather has got me thinking, brothers and sisters; the closer you get to the source of the heat, the hotter you get, right?

So, when you climb to the top of a mountain, you are nearer the sun, n'est ce pas (and I trust you'll excuse the French? So, where do you go if you want to get up to some ski-ing? Are you tuning into me, brothers and sisters? Tell me this then; if it gets hotter the closer you get to the source of the heat, how come that the tops of mountains are full of light dustings, heavy falls, glaciers, and Abominable Snowmen?
I think we are on a wavelength here. Obviously, the source of the heat is not the sun, but the centre of the Earth. Am I right, or am I the Singing Detective?

In fact, I would not be at all surprised if we were actually nett exporters of hot. There's probably a whole bunch of people living on the Sun at this very moment (Sunnies? Solarians?) saying to each other "Oh, it's a really Earthy day, must remember to put on my Factor 40 Terrablock, don't want to get Earthburn," etc.

There's just no pleasing some people. Especially Solarians.

No comments:

Pinches of salt not provided...

This blog contains mild violence and fantasy spider references, and may allude to imaginary events as if they were actually real. Are you tuning in to me, brothers and sisters?