16/01/2010

Oh. it's good...

... to be back on the WorldWideInterweb. Last Sunday evening, just acknowledging an email from Helen at bookersatz (http://bookersatz.blogspot.com/) and the Interweb went *pop*. And just for a moment, I thought it was me who had broken it. Imagine the shame, the guilt, the TV opportunities, of being the person who broke the Interweb.

And then I realised that the snow had played havok with the telephone and that it was nothing to do with me at all.

It took BT five days to get everything back and running, five days in which I have been taking surreptitious glances at the online world (or, at least, those parts of it which we are grown-up enough to be allowed to see) in the office at lunchtimes, and wishing that I could get back online, write a blog entry or two, update my bookblog (http://rashdallsmixedpicklesreviews.blogspot.com/), work on my Open University course... and now I can. Except I am just about to motor off to Suffolk for the next 24 hours, so all shall remain silence until at least tomorrow evening. Opportunity and accessibility - why can't they coincide?

1 comment:

Fran Hill said...

Funny thought, being the one to bring the whole internet to a halt. It would be like accidentally blowing the sun out. 'Whoops. Hasn't half gone dark. Oh, was that me? Er - sorry, folks.'

Pinches of salt not provided...

This blog contains mild violence and fantasy spider references, and may allude to imaginary events as if they were actually real. Are you tuning in to me, brothers and sisters?